Just A Pinch Recips
The sweet and savory flavor combination makes Amanda Smith’s Open-Faced Grilled Chicken & Apricot Sammies one tasty sandwich. Walnuts add a nice crunch, while the apricots give this recipe the perfect sweetness. And the balsamic glaze? Well, that tops off the sandwich perfectly!
See step-by-step photos of Amanda’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
- Amanda Smith, Washington, IL (Pop. 15,134)
What You Need
1 can ready made pizza dough (13.8 oz)
6 1/2 oz garlic and herb soft spreadable cheese
1/2 c walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 c grilled chicken breast, chopped
1/2 c dried apricots, chopped
2-3 tbsp balsamic glaze
1 c balsamic vinegar
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
• Press out pizza dough into a 12x8 inch rectangle.
• Using a 3 1/2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out 8 circles from dough.
• Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray and place circles 1 inch apart on sheet.
• Bake for 4 minutes.
• Let pizza crust circles slightly cool. Then, spread the garlic and herb cheese on top of each circle.
• Sprinkle with toasted walnuts, pressing them into the cheese.
• Next, top each with 1/4 cup of chopped grilled chicken breast.
• Then, sprinkle each with chopped dried apricots.
• Drizzle each sammie with balsamic glaze.
• In a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat.
• Cook stirring until reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons.
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Brought to you by American Hometown Media
Used by Permission