Just a Pinch Recipe Column
Sweet, tart and oh so tasty is the perfect way to describe Kim Novosel’s Fresh Peach and Cherry Cobbler. Once you try this cobbler, each year you will anxiously await peach and cherry season. And it will be worth the wait ... because this recipe is that good!
See step-by-step photos of Kim’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
“A creative way to use extra fruit!”
- Kim Novosel, Temple, GA (Pop. 4,237)
What You Need
4 c fresh peaches (peeled and sliced thickly)
2 c fresh bing cherries (pitted and halved)
1/2 c water
1 stick unsalted butter
2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c milk
1 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Combine peaches, cherries, brown sugar and water in a saucepan; mix well.
• Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min. Remove from heat. Reserve a half cup of fruit liquid.
• Put the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
• In a bowl sift sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
• Slowly whisk in milk and the half cup of reserved liquid to dry ingredients.
• Pour mixture over melted butter in baking dish. Do not stir.
• With a slotted spoon, put fruit on top evenly.
• Gently pour remaining liquid over top of fruit.
• Sprinkle with cinnamon if using.
• Place a pan under your dish.
• Bake for 30 to 45 min or until crust has risen to the top and is golden.
• Enjoy warm with a nice scoop of ice cream, or let it cool in fridge.
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Brought to you by American Hometown Media
Used by Permission.