Just a Pinch Recipe Column
If your garden is like mine, it’s bursting with summer vegetables. Denise Lepard’s Grilled Vegetables with Goat Cheese and Balsamic is a wonderful way to enjoy all those veggies! We’ve both roasted and grilled them at different occasions and they turn out deliciously either way. Enjoy!
See step-by-step photos of Denise’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
“This never makes it to the table!"
- Denise Lepard, Old Bridge, NJ (Pop. 80,482)
What You Need
1/2 c olive oil (approx)
2 large onions
4 zucchini - sliced about 1/2 inch thick circles
4 peppers (any pepper you like); stemmed, seeded and quartered
1 eggplant - sliced about 1/4 inch thick circles
3 or 4 carrots, sliced
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
8 oz goat cheese (or soft cheese of your choice)
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Handful of pine nuts (opt)
• Wash and cut all vegetables. Place in a large bowl or plastic bag.
• Add 1/2 the olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
• If grilling outside, preheat your grill to medium-low and brush grate with olive oil. Place vegetables on grill for 2-4 minutes each side.
• If roasting in the oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat pan with olive oil and cook until each side has a nice golden brown color.
• While veggies are grilling/roasting, heat balsamic vinegar in saucepan and reduce by at least half.
• Arrange cooked veggies on platter, top with goat cheese and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top. Add nuts (optional).
• Serve with crunchy bread, soft pita or flat bread.
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club.
Brought to you by American Hometown Media